GF, SF, DF

Gluten free, Grain free, Refined-Sugar free, Lactose free, Yeast free, All Natural cuisine!
"By altering the nutrition we take in, we can effect the constitution of our intestinal flora, and bring it back into balance, healing our digestive tracts and restoring proper absorption."
Read more about it at http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/p/science-behind-the-diet/

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Roast Beef

This was my first attempt at making a roast beef for slicing into lunch meat. OMG was awesome lol. I will never pay $8 a lb again for roast beef! It is so so so easy and tender and yummy. We ate this roast in a day and a half lol. Thinking I will cook a little longer next time because it was pretty rare but tasted amazing. SCD Roast Beef, Lunch Meat.


3lb Beef Bottom Round Roast or similar cut
Salt & Pepper
Garlic Powder (I tolerate Garlic Powder just fine, use minced garlic for strict SCD)

Preheat Oven to 250*.
Season roast to your liking and place on a rack in a roasting pan.
Bake for approximately 2 hours or until internal temperature reaches around 145 for medium rare.
My internal temp was 137* and it was pretty rare but delicious and tender!
Next time I will bring mine to 145* or possibly a little higher since I want to use it for lunch meat.
LET ROAST REST before slicing. I actually recommend refrigerating it and slicing it when it is cold to hold on to those delicious juices ;) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment